We exist to…
Provide a space for safe experimentation
The application period for the first cohort of the Regulatory Sandbox closed on 15 May 2020. Over 50 applications were received. We will have a staggered starting to testing and aim to finalise initial entrants by the end of August 2020, with first group expected to start testing during September/October 2020.
Should you apply to the Regulatory Sandbox?
- The innovation to be tested must be intended for deployment in the South African market
- The innovation to be tested must not clearly fit within the existing regulatory framework or it challenges the existing regulatory framework
- The innovation must be beneficial to consumers or the market at-large (e.g., for Business-to-Consumer companies – lower prices, increased competition, improved access/financial inclusion; for Business-to-Business companies – lower costs, increased efficiency, improved compliance)
- The innovation must be significantly different from other offerings in the market
- The innovation must be ready to be tested, including fully developed technology, sufficient funding to cover the full testing period, and secured partnerships (if required for testing)